@MrShanksio the 2 best SBCs in 2020 (well, they already were in 2019, before the pi4 was even out) are those 2 :
Odroid N2 => best all rounder (better cpu & gpu than pi4)
Jetson Nano => best gpu, decent cpu (cpu between pi3 & pi4)
NB : idk if retropie can be installed on those SBCs, but that criteria wasn't included in your question, and there are other retrogaming distros with support for those boards.
NB2 : you won't play PS2 on a SBC in 2020, but systems like Dreamcast/Naomi/Atomiswave and Saturn will run fine on the 2 SBCs i mentioned (full speed + upscaling).
@markyh444 Okay. Mitu gave me a starting point to work from so I will take his advice and go from there. If I need further assistance I'll be sure to take the time to collect the necessary information first. Thanks for your responses.
The CTR issue was resolved in another thread. The dynarec in LR-PSCX Rearmed is cutting out some of the graphics. It is not AFAIK currently fixable since the game is unplayable and slow with the dynarec turned off. CTR runs perfectly in BEETLE HW and I think there has been talk (maybe just talk, insert salt as required) of it being possible to port it to the Pi 4.
i was looking to play around with it and to make some thing that will run old arcade games -ps 1possibly ps2 , dream cast, game cube, and Xbox games. to give to my cusin as a gift for his doctorate graduation in 1- 2 years when he is done and i would not mind a copy for my self and i dont want to have to build something too big for him that is going to cost me a arm and leg.
I went through this just last night. I "remade" all my cue files (made blank zero byte files and just named them "gamename.cue"). However the scraper scraped the same game over and over again and the game was for the sega megadrive not the psx sooooo shrugs
You can add the videos manually yes. Place them into your /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/psx/images and then re-scrape them. Two things though..
your videos need to be renamed so they have -video.mp4 on the end (i.e. Tekken (USA)-video.mp4) I would strongly suggest you use a batch re-namer to do so! (for windows use Bulk Renemer or for linux use Pyrenamer it is in the repos))
The BIG problem is the two scrapers don't play nice with each other. The "built in scraper for ES will delete the video tags and Steven's scraper may not pick up the correct info due ti the database (I guess).
So what happens is you don't get boxart or info and the wrong vid but everything is tagged...then you go trough and redo them and you get boxart and info but no tags. I have not tried to scrape the videos locally from the folder after using the built ES scraper yet. It might not erase anything and add the video tags.
So you want to do the built in ES scraper first and then use Steven's scraper to scrape from your folder after you have renamed all your videos. I can try that later and see it it works..but again you will need files that at least end in the correct extension. I had I batch/script that would do just that..but that was a lifetime ago when i was using MameWah..I'll see if I can dig it up...but don't hold your breath ;)
Edit: Ok so here is what i did..and it worked..okay...
I scraped all my pbp files with the built in scraper then I used Steven's scraper scraping just the cue files and append that to my list and it scraped some of my videos. So I still had to hand edit my list..so might be the only why do to it is by hand..
Here is an Idea..scrape just the cue files (making sure thy have the correct name and all that) with the built in first...then scrape with Steven's scraper appending the information to the list (that way your video tags are added) last go and do a find and replace on the gamelist.xml and search for .cue< replace with .pbp<
(yes add the less-than sign..just to make it harder to replace something else.)
The only catch with that is your pbp will have to match your .cue file names exactly it's an idea anyway.
EDIT: You can batch rename your .pbp to .cue then scrape..then rename them back from .cue to .pbp
You should try with SCPH101.BIN bios instead. It's the one from PSOne, so it's more modern and updated and generally should work better (at least that's the case with my games I've tested). Also, try disabling some features like Interlacing and Dithering.
@soulgriever that driver should probably not be used on Ubuntu etc. You should be able to pair a ps3 controller via the desktop Bluetooth GUI etc. However there are some known issues with ps3 and sdl2 which are not resolved on x86 - we have a custom sdl2 for the RPI, but it's not yet available for x86 etc.