Just managed to figure out!! I SSH'ed into the box running retropi and ran emulationstation from that console . When i did that, emulationstation appeared on TV (great). When i ran game, i saw a menu that says to press a button to configure, and there I've seen to run with verbose logging. When game exited, i opened up /dev/shm/runcommand.log file and saw that umk3-u2.bin file was missing. So I've kept on looking for 0.78 romset mk3 files until i found that there is umk3-u2.bin file in one of them ! When i found it, I've copied that one to arcade dir and ran it without issues!!!
I love mk3 ! Now all i have to do is find my notebook with special moves written on it for every character which i collected during old days ! Ahhhh, that takes me back!
Thank you, all of you for assisting ! Would not have done it without you!
I was testing the controller parsing utility of LEDSpicer when I found that was not working for that emulator on the retropie, so I used a different approach, now is working, I found out that I cannot depend on other programs functionality.
@shoebox low voltage can cause big problems, underclocking is one of them. I would skip the canakit power supply as they are one of the less reliable and go straight to the official raspberry pi power supply.
I am not sure if you are still having the same issue, but I was experiencing the same thing after the latest update. I was able to fix the issue in the input settings by setting throttle, frameskip dec, and frameskip inc to ‘none’ (which can be achieved by hitting esc). For some reason when hit joystick directions I was randomly registering F## keyboard presses as well. I noticed this when binding some other controls. Not sure why, but those options above are tied to f8, f9, and f10 and seemed to be causing the problem.
@m0riarty Better response might be from the better performance of the emulator tested. MAME4ALL is based on an old mame version is no longer developed, things have improved over time.
If you wish to investigate more, head on over to the docs and you can see all the available arcade emulators on RetroPie - https://retropie.org.uk/docs/Arcade/
After using ClrMamePro and updating my ROM set... and finding out that i didn't have to go through all of that....
i already had the correct ROM set version. All i had to do was copy over dkong.zip and then ReStart EmulationStation.
Donkey Kong showed up and played just fine after that. Thanks for all the Great Advice.!!!!!
Later, David, ThunderBoyDavid