I followed your advice and I'm pleased to report that GBA games are now working under the other emulator and they are working really well. No more stutter! Thank you! Finally my GPI can run more than GB games! :D
@DieKatz I just wanted to say thanks for noticing this problem. While playing Sonic 3 on my gpi I noticed that some of the sound effects weren't playing at all. I could never figure out what the problem was. It was the same stereo/mono issue as you were having. So thanks again!
@mitu Just a quick update. I compared the .bin/.cue files on my pi to the database. It turned out, that half of the .bin file was corrupted so I just had to put them again on my Pi0. And now MGS runs pretty well. Thanks for the help! :)
I created an SSH file (blank txt file and then deleted the extension) I also made sure SSH was enabled via interfacing options through Retropie.
As for setting up the WiFi I created a wpa_supplicant.conf file on my SD, and input my details (am I right in thinking my SSID is the same as my WiFi network name on my router?) I think this worked as I tested the WiFi by downloading extra splash screens via the GPi case.
Yes ... that seems correct.
Yes, that's your IP ....
Windows is very weak in handling ports ;)
You can use pping and a command like PPing retropie 22 to determine if port 22 is open.
@tmshll In your example the call would be PPing 192.168.1.7 22 to check connection to SSH port 22
I noticed I'm not able to exit advmame either when using
Start+Select on my GPi case.
This is how exiting is defined in the advmame.rc config file:
input_map[ui_cancel] joystick_button[0,8] joystick_button[0,9] or keyboard[0,esc]
It is configured likewise in the advmame-1.4.rc config file and it does exit using that version.
Tip: setting MISC_SAFEQUIT = no should allow for exiting without a confirmation popup.
I'm wondering though: since I'd like to use advmame instead of advmame-1.4 for some particular roms, does anyone have a solution to the exit not working on advmame (when using GPi case)?
There really are a lot of changes that make for a good install of retropie for Gpi. From boot/config.txt changes, to dtbo device tree overlay files (and renaming them to prevent an over-write), to quieting the boot text, to using a custom kernel with a boot logo, to a good splash screen video, to a good theme, to picking the right default emulators, to working around controller input issues with xboxdrv, to configuring proper es_system settings, to many other tweaks and changes. While it may never end up being an official "version" of retropie for Gpi, it really does become difficult to manage every single tweak and change that makes it better for Gpi. The guides might be the best bet for now, and maybe some day scripts can be created from the guides info that can just be run to make all the changes.
I saw this thread, so I set up lr-hatari, got it working, and updated the docs, mostly just from the core's github readme. It worked pretty much first try, but the docs previously only covered Hatari standalone.
One thing I am not clear on is how you get the core to look at different BIOS files in order to emulate the STE or Falcon, but I haven't tried that yet.