ScummVM stands for Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion (VM stands for virtual machine). ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files
|Emulator||Rom Folder||Extension||BIOS||Controller Config|
Accepted File Extensions: This is a tricky question as ScummVM has its own particular filesets and method of loading- but when all is said and done .sh .svm are the filetypes EmulationStation will read.
ScummVM is very different to most romsets in that there are a set of files for each game.
See the list here: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles
Place your folders of game files in
- Quit running rom without saving : Alt + X
- After you've added files to the scummvm rom folder, open up the +LAUNCH GUI
- then hold down shift and click "Mass Add..."
- Navigate to the scummvm folder and select it to add all of your files
- quit out of the GUI
- Press F4 to get out of emulationstation
emulationstationto re-launch emulationstation
- navigate to scummvm and your games will be there on the list and you'll have no need for a GUI
You can open the options in the scummvm launcher and change the graphics mode to opengl and it will make the menu and your games clear and crisp! There are also other rendering modes as well that can be changed.